What You’ll Learn:
- Uncover how sales has been transformed into an art we all need to master
- Deepen your understanding of the perspectives and needs of your customers
- Practice three new types of pitches to move beyond the elevator pitch and find the most effective ways to engage your audience
- Discover how to map the power dynamics between customers and sellers
- Learn to make sales personal, purposeful and ultimately human
Whether we’re employees pitching colleagues on a new idea, entrepreneurs enticing funders to invest, or parents and teachers cajoling children to study, we spend our days trying to move others. Like it or not, we’re all in sales now.
In this course, Daniel Pink, bestselling author of To Sell Is Human offers a fresh look at the art and science of selling. He teaches research-grounded tactics to help you understand your audience and convince them to take clear actions—whether that is funding your venture, buying your product, or adopting your new idea. You'll leave the course better equipped to practice the new skills of selling--pitching, improvising and serving.
Daniel is one most highly-regarded contemporary authors covering topics ranging from business to work to behavior. His TED Talk on the science of motivation is one of the 10 most-watched TED Talks of all time and, in this course, he’ll walk you through the science of motivating people to buy, use, and adopt.
You’ll learn three effective methods to pitch and then have the chance to apply all of Daniel’s tactics to your own “selling” challenge. Along the way, Daniel will teach you how to remain buoyant in the face of the inevitable rejection that comes with selling and instruct you on the new ABCs of sales.
Daniel’s insights will change how you see the world and transform what you do at work, at school, and at home. He’ll help you realize that sales doesn’t have to be sleazy or distasteful, but can ultimately be a personal, purposeful, and ultimately human art.