What You’ll Learn to do:
- Establish a performance-driven culture for your organization, based on Google's best practices
- Understand the flow of people through your organization and how Google optimized these processes
- Assess the health of your organization and reflect on how your can support your talent's goals
- Incorporate data into decisions on how to hire, promote and retain talent in your organization
- Diagnose teams in your organization and create Psychological Safety
- Become familiar with Google's learnings on good management and apply them to your organization
In today’s competitive knowledge economy, a company’s ability to attract, retain and develop talented people is critical. Yet, in most organizations, we end up basing personnel decisions on emotions, instincts or politics rather than data. Important decisions about talent end up becoming black-box calculations rather than data-driven choices.
Enter People Analytics. This emerging field uses data to advance how organizations make decisions about human resources and enables leaders to operate on evidence rather than intuition.
Prasad Setty leads the People Analytics team at Google and is a pioneer in this field. In this course, he’ll offer you a behind-the-scenes look at how Google conducts groundbreaking research to distill the characteristics of the most effective teams and managers. He’ll walk you through how his team uses data to inform Google’s decisions about promotions, compensation, and team structure and help you get started incorporating data into your own human resource decisions—even if you’re a social entrepreneur starting at a much smaller and scrappier scale.
By the end of this course, you’ll have worked towards establishing a data-powered, performance-driven culture for your own enterprise and gained practical tips for building people analytics processes. This course is for anyone who wants to develop a smarter social enterprise where key personnel decisions are data-informed and human-approved.
Format and Timing
- Individual Course: This course is a series of videos and exercises you can work through on your own.
- Platform: Teachable (+Acumen developed this course. We host this course on the Teachable platform.)
- Timing: You can work through the materials at your own pace. There are no required times for you to log in. Your access does not end.